Your terms and conditions of use
1 SHOPPING INFORMATION
Bonanza Technologies is an online eCommerce business that is able to offer the best possible prices in South Africa not only by sourcing the products at competitive prices but because of not having physical stock.
The simple purchasing process requires placement of an order for the items you wish to buy and for us, Bonanza Technologies, to confirm the price, availability and delivery time thus allowing both parties to agree on the transaction on a solid ground.
This confirmation is normally done via Email and it will also appear in your account section on the Bonanza Technologies website. On occasion we can reach you directly on your telephone if your number is available to us.
We would like to spare you from any disappointments ensuring that the item is in stock before we send any confirmations and request payment therefore saving the time and effort in having to return your funds.
Furthermore, due to the volatility of the Rand, prices need to be confirmed before payment. Our suppliers change prices daily depending on the Rand/ US Dollar exchange rate without notification, making impossible to gurantee the accuracy of prices despite our best efforts. In fact some suppliers have withdrawn price lists all together requesting we phone in each and every time for confirmation of prices.
Please note that pictures, photographs and other material used to illustrate a product are limited to that purpose only and may not be correct. Model numbers, descriptions and specifications should only be used to determine suitability for the intended purpose.
Please note that we do not accept Cash Payments and no cash is kept on our premises. The orders are processed only once the amount paid has been reflected in our account. The order will only be placed on our supplier once the payment is received and the lead time is 2 – 3 days provided supplier has stock. Shipping time has to be added to this lead time.
1.2.1 PAYMENT OPTIONS
• Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT)
o Please note that it can take 48 hours for the funds to reflect into our account
o The order will only be processed once the funds have been cleared
o Please include order reference number for us to process your order timeously
o There is no need to send us the deposit slips as we receive all transaction details from our bankers but, if you do not receive a payment received confirmation from us within 2 business days from date of deposit, contact us on:
o Please note that the cut off to process for the orders is 14:00 each business day (all payments done after 14:00 will be rolled over to the next day)
o Banking details to use:
Account number: 421478071
Account name: BONANZA TECHNOLOGIES CC
Account type: Current
Branch: Fourways Crossing
Branch code: 00 99 53
Branch Address: 1 Twilight Ave, Lonehill Ext 56, Fourways
• Online Credit Card Payment
o At this stage we are not accepting Online Credit Card payments.
Please note that we do not normally hold stock on premises, but the products ordered can be collected from our office subject to prior arrangement.
1.3.1 SHIPPING OPTIONS
We offer the following options:
• Door to Door using Response Hand-to-Hand Couriers
• Counter to Counter using South African Post Office, by special arrangement
• Send your own courier
• Collect from our offices
1.3.2 SHIPPING CONDITIONS
Please note the following shipping conditions:
• We only ship within the borders of South Africa
• We only procure and ship your order once we have received your payment
• Door to Door is shipping a parcel using one of our pre approved couriers to any valid address in South Africa;
• Counter to Counter option is shipping to your nearest Post Office Branch;
• Insurance: Bonanza Technologies accepts no liability for any loss of goods once it is handed over to our couriers. It is the responsibility of the client to see that they have insurance to cover their purchases. Insurance is optional and should you wish to take out insurance then please contact Bonanza Technologies telephonically or indicate it on your purchase order. This charge is applicable as at our Courier's rates.
• We endeavour to have the shipments reach you on time as advertised on our web site, we cannot be held liable for any delays whatsoever
• At this time parcels in value of less than R500 cannot be shipped using the South African Post Office (we are sorry for the inconvenience this can cause)
• If you are collecting from our office, please ensure you received the confirmation from us because we normally do not hold stock on premises. There is no shipping / dispatch fee if the customer is collecting the order. Please bring identification with you or if you send somebody else then we need copy of your ID and a letter authorising the person acting in your behalf.
• We reserve the right to use an alternative courier service than the one selected upon checkout, subject to the alternative service being equivalent or better than the one selected.
• If you need to return the product, we will arrange the couriers to pick up the parcel from your premises at a time convenient to you. Please read the returns and warranty paragraphs and understand the warranty conditions before you instruct us to collect the parcel
• Although we will always endeavour to present the exact information, the shipping prices on our website are for indication purposes only and can be withdrawn and changed at any time without any prior notification, as we have to follow the pricing policy of the courier you may have selected. The final price will be confirmed upon the placement of the order thus allowing you to contact us if there is a disagreement.
• Outlying areas may attract an additional surcharge that will be duly communicated to the Customers.
• We offer shipping free of charge for orders over R 9,000.00 but under 30Kg maximum. Exceeding this limit will attract our courier fees.
1.4.1 SOFTWARE, GAMES AND VIDEOS
Software, Games and Videos are strictly non-returnable once opened – in the case of a faulty installation / keycode in use, we will refer you to the distributor helpline and the final decision lies with the respective company.
1.4.2 WRONG PRODUCTS WERE SUPPLIED BY BONANZA TECHNOLOGIES
If the wrong products were dispatched by Bonanza Technologies, or if the dispatched products and notification is made 48 hours after delivery, Bonanza Technologies will replace the products free of charge and will cover all shipping charges.
1.4.3 FAULTY PRODUCTS UNDER THE MANUFACTURERS´ WARRANTY PERIOD
All products supplied carry the Original Manufacturers’ Warranty only (we are a facilitator so cannot provide any warranty) and periods do vary between 1 month and 2 years or more. To confirm the warranty terms and conditions for the product you wish to purchase, please contact us on:
Make sure you specify the product code, date of purchase and order number as well as description so that we can advise accordingly.
Bonanza Technologies cannot be held responsible for any compatibility issues between the product(s) purchased from us and the set up where the product(s) is/are expected to work in conjunction with. Incompatible products can be returned to us as per our Warranty Terms and Conditions / Returns Policy.
1.4.5 COOL OFF PERIOD
In the event that the Customer changes his/her mind about a purchased product, such product can be returned to Bonanza Technologies for a full refund provided the following conditions are strictly met:
• The product is in its original, unopened and sealed packaging as shipped by Bonanza Technologies
• The Customer delivers the product to the Bonanza Technologies offices at his/her own cost within 48 hours of having taken delivery.
• The 48 hours period will be validated by Bonanza Technologies against courier delivery receipts or Bonanza Technologies´s own records if the product had been collected from Bonanza Technologies´s offices.
• A form will have to be signed by the Customer stating that no charge backs will be made.
1.4.6 GENERAL RETURNS NOT IN THE CATEGORIES ABOVE
If for any other reason you are not satisfied with the items purchased, you may return the products for a refund provided that such a return is contemplated by our suppliers within their own return policies.
All products need to be sealed and in its original condition. The customer will be liable for the shipping charges to return the product, and also for an additional handling fee of 10% of the invoice amount.
The amount due for a refund will only be refunded upon us receiving and inspecting the product and receiving the confirmation from our supplier of the acceptance of the returned goods.
Our suppliers reserves the right to levy a handling fee of 10% of the purchase price of the relevant goods on such goods being returned to and accepted by the supplier. This handling fee is a supplier handling fee and does not nullify our handling fee stipulated in the previous paragraph.
The acceptance of the return of any goods is at the sole discretion of our supplier and this clause shall not be used to imply that the supplier shall be obliged to accept the return of any goods.
The actual amount returned by suppliers vary between suppliers and can have a discount of as high as 30% of the price paid by us. Bonanza Technologies will not add any further deductions. The period during which such a return can be made varies from 2 to 30 days. Please consult us before any returns.
Should you wish to return any goods outside the conditions or period stipulated above, please contact us and we will always do our outmost to find a solution.
1.5.1 GENERAL WARRANTY CONDITIONS
We only sell products sourced via official manufacturers´ channels therefore the official manufacturers´ warranties are valid, according to their respective terms and conditions.
Upon receipt of the product, please ensure you fully understand warranty terms and conditions of the product before you handle the product. Such terms and conditions are usually available at manufacturers´ websites:
The warranty is a condition of but not limited to:
• The item(s) must not be written on or tampered with
• The label(s), serial number(s) must not be removed
• Label(s), barcode(s) and / or serial numbers are under no circumstances to be reattached
• Product is to be handled according to supplier’s / manufacturer’s instructions
• Product must be free of all burn marks, there must be no evidence of lightning strike power surge from any source whatsoever
• All manuals, flyers, CDs, original packaging must accompany the returned product.
• That said, the final decision rests with the supplier / manufacturer. Any products that do qualify to be repaired under warranty, are returned to us and can be inspected / picked up by the customer.
• The product can be returned to us for testing and the conditions of such are to be specially arranged by contacting us on.
1.6.1 ADVANTAGES OF REGISTERING IN THE BONANZA TECHNOLOGIES WEBSITE
By registering in the Bonanza Website you will have the following advantages:
• An easy checkout as we will have your delivery address already in our system
• Be offered the opportunity to receive our newsletter detailing promotions and often offering discount vouchers that you can use to obtain a reduction on our normal prices.
• Enable you to follow up delivery progress
• Accessing your account:
o History and details of your orders
o Merchandise returns history
o Credit Slips
o Your addresses
o Your personal information
o Your vouchers
2.1 USAGE OF THE BONANZA TECHNOLOGIES WEBSITE
First of all: Welcome to the Bonanza Technologies Website! We will endeavour to give you the best shopping experience online.
The Bonanza Technologies website may only be used to browse the products advertised, use its online ordering / purchasing functionality to make legitimate purchases.
The site is not to be used for any other purposes included but not limited to fraudulent, false and / or speculative purchases.
This site and all its contents are the property of Bonanza Technologies CC, registration 2011 / 015766 / 23, and the content provided is not to be copied, reproduced, republished, transmitted, distributed, uploaded and or posted for any commercial use.
Unauthorised use of this site and / or its contents may violate applicable copyright laws, trademark laws, intellectual property laws and / or other laws.
2.2 DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTY
The Bonanza Technologies website and its contents is provided “as is” and bears no warranty of any kind, explicit or implicit, including but not limited to warranties of merchantability and fit for use purpose. The owner(s) of this site, the authors of its contents and anyone in any way connected to this site, assume no responsibility for errors / omissions in its contents.
Bonanza and all parties associated with the Bonanza Technologies web site and its contents do not warrant and / or guarantee the reliability, completeness, correctness or accuracy of the contents. Bonanza Technologies, its associates and agents assume no liability for any loss incurred due to dealing with Bonanza Technologies including but not limited to any direct, indirect, special, incidental or consequential damage including (without limitation) data loss, loss of revenue, loss of profit.
The use of the contents of the Bonanza Technologies web site and its contents is allowed only in countries and territories where this disclaimer is allowed by the law of those countries / territories.
2.3 BONANZA TECHNOLOGIES RIGHTS
We reserve the right to:
• cancel any order placed on the Website, received by any means , for any reason whatsoever included but not limited to:
o suspicion of fraud,
o stock unavailability,
o incorrect product information,
o incorrect product price,
o incorrect shipping cost,
o incorrect customer personal information,
o incorrect customer billing address,
o incorrect customer shipping address and others.
• modify or withdraw, temporarily or permanently, the Website (or any part of) with or without any prior notice to you, the Customer, and we confirm that we shall not be liable to you or any third party for any modification to or withdrawal of the Website or any of its parts.
• change these Conditions from time to time, and your continued use of the Website (or any part of the Website) following such change shall be deemed to be your acceptance of such change. It is your responsibility to check regularly to determine whether the Conditions have been changed and/ or updated. If you do not agree to any change to the Conditions stipulated here or anywhere on the Bonanza Technologies website then you must immediately stop using the Website.
2.4 YOU, THE CUSTOMER
You, as the Customer agree to use the Bonanza Technologies website only for lawful purposes.
You are prohibited from using this website to infringe any third party´s rights, intellectual property, trademarks, patents and the like.
You are prohibited to post any content that is offensive, obscene, that constitutes child pornography, constitutes racism, attacks or pursues to impose any religious beliefs.
You are also encouraged to help us to fulfil our commitments by reporting any infringements to our policy. Please Email us at email@example.com
2.5 THIRD PARTY LINKS
We provide links to other websites and resources in an attempt to increase the value to our customers.
We, however, do not accept responsibility for the availability of such external links and resources, we do not endorse and are not responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for the content published under those resources / websites, included but not limited to any advertising, product information or any other materials published.
We also do not accept any responsibility whatsoever for but not limited to any damage, loss of profit, loss of revenue caused or alleged to be caused by and/ or in connection with, the use of any such content, goods , services published by said websites . resources.
2.6 DELIVERY POLICY
When you use our web site and make a purchase from us you enter into a legal obligation and your right to refund monies charged to your credit card or paid in whatever way agreed by us, are limited to our terms and conditions.
You must only use this web site if you understand and agree to all our terms and conditions. Once the payment is made to us, it is deemed that you have read and understood and agreed to all our terms and conditions
When you click to make a purchase with us, legal obligations arise and your right to refund of monies charged to your credit card or paid in any other way agreed by us, are limited by our terms & conditions. You must not make any purchase through this site unless you understand and agree all our terms and conditions.
If you have any concerns / reservations regarding this, do not hesitate to contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org
2.7.1 ELECTRONICALLY STORED INFORMATION
Bonanza Technologies may electronically collect some Customer information in order to fulfil its commitment to the Customers:
• First Name
• Last Name
• Residential Address
• Delivery Address
• Email Address
• Telephone Numbers
Bonanza Technologies will not store:
• Your credit card details in full. Bonanza Technologies may request a copy of your credit cards with the central 6 numbers erased. This part of our fraud prevention system.
2.7.2 EMAIL ADDRESSES
• Bonanza Technologies will not disclose any Customer´s Email addresses to any third party.
• Bonanza Technologies may from time to time send some information that it considers relevant to the Customer based on previous shopping experiences at Bonanza Technologies
• Bonanza Technologies will only send it’s regular newsletter to those Customers that have accepted to receive such a newsletter. The Customer will always have the choice to opt out of this mailing list.
2.8 PROTECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION (Fully Compliant to POPIA Act)
Bonanza Technologies places the security of the personal information of our customers at the highest level of priority and constantly reviews any new measures that might be required due to the constant evolution of Internet threats.
2.8.1 WEBSITE HOSTING
Bonanza Technologies website is hosted in Siteground, United States of America. Siteground is a company at the forefront of security and has provided an outstanding service for the past 7 years.
- The customer data we keep in our databases is only that required to process customer orders and to provide Tax Invoices as required by the South African law: Customer name, Surname, Company name, VAT No., Physical and Invoicing addresses, email addresses and telephone numbers as supplied by each customer. No customer banking details of any nature are kept in our systems.
- Communications between customers and our website are fully encrypted using SSL. We use Wildcard SSL with Dedicated IP and all of the data that goes to the website (database) is encrypted when submitting information or consulting customer accounts.
- Our hosting service checks on a daily basis that our site is free from malware or any form of viruses.
- Our hosting company set all servers to use the latest PHP 7 version with the latest security fixes.
- Our hosting company uses Apache in a chrooted environment.
- Our hosting company has sophisticated IDS/IPS systems which block malicious bots and attackers.
- Further, Siteground has installed ModSecurity on all of the shared servers and they update their security rules weekly, thus protecting all customers from the most common attacks.
- Our hosting company has security firewalls set on server level.
- Our website, in your accounts you can select:
- At any time, you have the right to retrieve the data you have provided to our site. Click on "Get my data" to automatically download a copy of your personal data on a pdf or csv file.
- You have the right to modify all the personal information found in the "My Account" page. For any other request you might have regarding the rectification and/or erasure of your personal data, please contact us through our contact page. We will review your request and reply as soon as possible.
- Our Mail servers are also hosted by Siteground in the USA and are subject to the same stringent rules explained above.
- We will never share email addresses with any third party for whatsoever purposes.
- We do not mass email our customers with marketing materials
The Conditions will be exclusively governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of South Africa whose Courts will have exclusive jurisdiction in any dispute, save that we have the right, at our sole discretion, to commence and pursue proceedings in alternative jurisdictions.
Errors and Omissions Excepted.(E&OE).
On Wednesday, 21 February 2018, Finance Minister Malusi Gigaba's announced an increase in the standard rate of value-added tax (VAT) since 1993 from 14% to 15%. VAT levied on all transactions will be adjusted effective, Sunday 1 April 2018.
Cut-off date for payment of any orders with 14% VAT is Thursday 29 March 2018. Beyound that date prices will be adjusted according to the new dispensation.
These terms were last updated on June 30, 2021